Your Privacy and the security of your personal information are very important to us.
PeopleMAD Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the “Act”) when dealing with personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
We will only collect personal information for lawful purposes and we will only collect, use and disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We collect personal information from people when they provide that information to us including:
• via our website (e.g. where you contact us via our contact form or sign up to receive our newsletter);
• through our recruitment process including online job advertising (where we collect a range of candidate information including your name, email address, contact details, date of birth and C.V.);
If possible, we will collect personal information from your directly.
Your use of our website is anonymous, except where you contact us via our contact form, sign up to receive our newsletter, or provide your details as a candidate for employment with us, and provide your personal information in doing so.
We don’t collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address but may use analytic sites which collect IP addresses of visitors to our website to determine numbers of site visitors, and how visitors interact with our website.
We will use your personal information:
• to verify your identity;
• to provide services and products to you;
• to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose);
• to improve the services and products that we provide to you;
• to bill you and to collect money that you owe us;
• to respond to communications from you;
• to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
• to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests; and
• for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
We communicate with our customers primarily using e-mail. We may use your email address to market products and services which we think may be of interest to you. We acknowledge and respect your choice to opt-out of such marketing communication. We provide an unsubscribe link on each email to enable users to stop future communication should they wish to do so.
We will only disclose personal information to a third party:
• to support our services and products e.g. to host or maintain the IT system that we use to provide our website or other services and products;
• for anonymised statistical information;
• where required by law or a regulatory authority;
• where authorised by you (e.g. providing your personal information to a prospective employer as part of the recruitment process).
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is securely stored to prevent unauthorised access, loss or other misuse.
We will only hold personal information for as long as is necessary, after which the information will be securely destroyed.
We will make every effort to ensure that any personal information held by us is accurate, up to date, complete, and relevant to the purpose for which it was collected.
You have the right to ask for and access any personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions as set out in the Act. If you consider any personal information we hold about you is incorrect, you can ask us to change it.
If you request a correction and we think your request is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will make a note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
By contacting or engaging with us and providing information, you agree to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy and the Privacy Act.